Remember to leave room for comfort everywhere!
Highly recommended that you be able to slide your flat hand easily under every strap!
- Undo one side reinstrap and slip the bridle on like a halter.
- Adjust the bridle so the noseband rests on the hard part of the horse’s nose.
- Do the noseband up leaving lots of room for comfort
- The noseband usually sits 4 fingers below the cheekbone.
- The noseband is not tight and does not restrict breathing.
- Do up the reinstrap, leaving lots of room for comfort.
- Remove the keepers from the Circle-X, if you have not already. The reinstrap rings should just meet under the chin.
- Pull them through the Circle-X to shorten or lengthen. (Think of how your even up laces on shoes…)
- The Circle-X should be about 1.5 inches from the noseband. The reinstrap must cross the widest part of the horse’s cheek.
- Do up the keepers on the Circle-X and you are ready to go!
When properly fitted:
- The noseband sits loosely on the hard part of the nose – above the nasal passages.
- The reinstrap rings extend just 2 to 4 inches past the noseband rings (they just touch under the chin).
- The reinstraps cross the widest part of the cheek – with no pressure where they cross under to the Circle-X.
IMPORTANT – Check the “wiggle room here!
- The Circle-X is centered under the jaw, usually with 1.5-2 inches between the Circle-X and the noseband.
When fitting the Nurtural Bitless for first use, you may need to lengthen or shorten reinstraps to get the correct length, fit and position on the cheek.
Remove the keepers and slide the reinstrap to the front or back.
To lengthen or shorten reinstraps remove the keepers & slide the reinstrap to the front or back.
Move the Circle-X forward or back so the reinstraps cross the fattest part of the cheek.
The Circle-X usually sits close to the noseband.
As with any new equipment, it’s best to take some time for both of you to become accustomed to this bridle in a safe familiar environment. Show your horse how it works on the ground. Stop and turn a few times at each gait.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any problems or questions. We CAN help. Check out our youtube videos and find us on Facebook to see what other Nurtural owners say!